Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Healing Hazel Moon...



The night of the 2015 full Hazel Moon, August 29, my sister Lori and I were at the Lily Lake Resort where singer lovely Lori was entertaining the dinner crowd along with amazing Dave, the Elvis tribute artist. Getting up, I just knew something November-like would happen...after all it was the morning of the full, rising Eve of the Hazel Moon! Few people at the resort that evening knew that I'd slipped and hurt myself in the morning while walking my dog, Jake. I thought I'd cracked a rib, but that pain would have been excruciating. Nevertheless, my bruised side hurt quite a bit.



After Lori and Dave were done entertaining, we had dinner and the end of the eventful evening was drawing near. Just before we ate, Lori made up a prayer of thanks to the Spirit of the Hazel Moon. After that I made my way down to the lake shore, found a stout trunk, and gave the tree a long, reverent hug. Shortly after that, the pain in my side was gone!



Of course, I'm not claiming to have been healed by the power of the Hazel Moon, as the stories of magic in my book might suggest, but I felt like something mystical had happened.



Many of us have grown up in the Christian tradition, hearing and believing stories of healings at the hands of Jesus and the other disciples. I can't help but believe that those same healing energies might be available through other sources and the hands of other healers given similar gifts.



It is our hope that more than anything else, Hazel Moon will help the reader stay open to all the Magic & Mystery the world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment