Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Furniture Store Hazel Moon Signing



Thanks to our generous host, Jan Curtin, from The Furniture Store, Lori and I put on a successful book signing on Friday evening, June 3rd, in downtown Racine, Wisconsin, our hometown.


As most of you know, I'm a designer at Peabody Interiors and while visiting The Furniture Store on behalf of one of my clients, I was so impressed with the interesting pieces, the many colors, textures of fabrics, and the layout of the display areas.




My designer's eye was overwhelmed with the lush, plush atmosphere and thought it would make a wonderful venue for a Hazel Moon booking signing.



Sure enough, when I brought up the idea to Jan, she was just one of those delightful risk-takers who could be up for a spontaneous moment...and she agreed!


It was particularly moving overall experience seeing as a number of close family, friends, and other closely connected to our past were kind enough to attend. Above, me, Lisa, my mom, Gail, and my extraordinary brother, Michael.


Here I am with my dad, Dominic...he's the greatest!


Our Aunt Jose also came, but some special friends, connected to Lori's husband, Kent Parko's band, Take Me, were there...including the lead singer, Jeff Slater. Above with Lori is Kent's best friend in life, Dave Voltz. Below a picture of the band, Take Me, with Lori's husband, Kent Parko and Jeff Slater...from left to right, Kent Parko, Danny Seibert, Tommy Ford, Jeff Hunter and Jeff Slater.












Lori opened the book signing by singing several moon-themed songs along with Rat Package member Rick Mach.





And I don't know what came over me...but I picked up a mic and sang one of my favorite songs, C'est Magnifique!





The musical numbers were followed by several scenes from the book acted out by myself, Lori, and our illustrious and fearless photographer, Larry Zamba, filling in as the narrator (above).



When the festivities regretfully finally came to an end, Lori and I happily signed books for a number of people.



Lori closed the signing in Broadway style with a moving rendition of the Broadway musical, Right This Way song, "I'll Be Seeing You."



OTHER PICS & VIDS















Rich Mach adapted lyrics from Michael Buble's version of Moon Dance to incorporate into our Hazel Moon book signing.

Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of Hazel moon skies.

And all the leaves on the trees are falling
To the sound of the breezes that blow
And I'm trying to please to the calling
Of your heart-strings that play soft and low.

And all the night's magic
Seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight
Seems to shin in your blush.

Can I have one more Moondance with you, Luna?
Can I just make some more romance with you, Luna?

Well, I wanna make love to your tonight
I can't wait till the morning has come
And I know now the time is just right
And straight into my arms you will run.

And when you come my heart will be waiting
To make sure that you're never alone
There and then all my dreams will come true, dear
There and then I will make you my own.

Any time I touch you,
You just tremble inside
And I know, how much you want me
That you can't hide.

Can I have one more Moondance with you, Luna?
Can I just make some more romance with you, Luna?

Well, I wanna make love to your tonight
I can't wait till the morning has come
And I know now the time is just right
And straight into my arms you will run.

And when you come my heart will be waiting
To make sure that you're never alone
There and then all my dreams will come true, dear
There and then I will make you my own.

Any time I touch you,
You just tremble inside
And I know, how much you want me
That you can't hide.






1 comment:

  1. Kristin zeb555@aol.comAugust 22, 2017 at 4:30 PM

    My Uncle John wrote the WW2 book in your blog :)

    ReplyDelete